Deadline for submissions: 30th April 2018
Mill Cove Galleries and Irish Ceramics are providing 10 artists with the opportunity to create unique ceramic pieces. Each artist will be commissioned to create 1-2 exclusive ceramic pieces. The maximum commission is €1,000 for 1-2 pieces.
Conditions of the Commission
This commission is open to anyone working in clay in Ireland (north or south).
The work must be original and of a high standard, both in presentation and content. Work that is below gallery standard in quality, finish and presentation cannot be acquired by the gallery.
Commissions should not have been previously exhibited and will be exclusive to the galleries for the period of the commission. Commissioned work that is exhibited in other venues in Ireland will forfeit your commission. The copyright will remain with the artist.
All enquiries regarding the Commission should be directed to John Goode.
1. Submissions must be original and of a high standard, both in presentation and content. The work should not have been previously exhibited and created within the last 2 years. Up to 2 works may be submitted.
2. Submission forms must be accompanied by photographs/CD (digital images) of the actual work with 2-3 images of each piece. Images may be sent by email to email@example.com. Email images must be no larger than 0.5mb. Up to 2 works may be submitted.
3. Work must be priced to include the gallery commission of 50% (includes VAT & credit card charges).
4. Works chosen for commission will be selected from photographs or digital images submitted with the entry.
5. Selection will be made on merit by Mill Cove Galleries. If the image(s) is (are) felt to be inadequate we may request viewing of the actual work.
6. The commission winners' works will be acquired for the Mill Cove Galleries for exhibition and sale to their clients.